Bachmann Fairburn 2-6-4T Photo

There is now a photo of the Fairburn 2-6-4T on the Bachman website

It depicts 42073 (with later crest despite the website description) which I think is a preserved example - Lakeside & Haverthwaite?

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy

"Tommy" wrote

Want mine NOW! Looks fabulous, and a credit to the Bachmann designers!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh b****r. Not only do I need to save up for my Ivatt, some new coaches, now I have to save up for the Fairburn too.

Bad timing, Bachmann.... Unless they get it out just before mid-January so I can have it for my birthday ;-)

Reply to
Ian Cornish

"Ian Cornish" wrote

I think it may be a little bit later than that.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Tommy" wrote

As an aside I have a photograph of the other Lakeside & Haverthwaite Fairburn 2-6-4T No 42085 in store at Carnforth on 16th June 1968 (copy available on request) clearly showing that this loco was still carrying the BR early crest at that late date.

I'd be interested to know whether sister loco 42073 actually received the BR coat-of-arms (late crest) during its British Railways operational career.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'll wait. But only until an early crest version comes out...! :-)

That gives us a Fowler from Hornby, a Fairburn and a BR Standard from Bachmann. All we need is a Stanier to complete the RTR set. However, I have an Alan Gibson kit in my stash...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

John, Post it at Alt.binaries.pictures.rail anyway so we can see it anyway :-)

Andy

"Tommy" wrote

As an aside I have a photograph of the other Lakeside & Haverthwaite Fairburn 2-6-4T No 42085 in store at Carnforth on 16th June 1968 (copy available on request) clearly showing that this loco was still carrying the BR early crest at that late date.

I'd be interested to know whether sister loco 42073 actually received the BR coat-of-arms (late crest) during its British Railways operational career.

John.

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

I'll do just that in a few minutes.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

Picture of 42085 posted to alt.binaries.pictures.rail at 20.47 on 9/12/05.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Having seen one at warley, I must say it loks much better than the photo of the real thing!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

??? I can't find it... I'll keep looking !

Andy

"John Turner" wrote

Picture of 42085 posted to alt.binaries.pictures.rail at 20.47 on 9/12/05.

John.

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

The Fairburn looks lovely. However, the proportions of the 9F look distorted. Is it an artist's impression, or photo of a first test shot from Bachmann's tooling?

Piemanlarger wrote:

Reply to
Hstvee8

I have a photo of a 9f taken from almost the same angle. The Bachmann one looks spot on to me!

Pete

Reply to
mutley

"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

Definitely there on my server Andy - I've sent you a copy direct.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yeah -I know ! I like it !(Sorry, couldn't resist)

:-)

(Still never appeared on the NG though ? Dam Wanadoo)

Andy

"John Turner" wrote