New Green Arrow (N) Model!

Did anyone else notice that Graham Farish has announced the release of a new N-scale Model of the Green Arrow - product No. 372-600.

What's the detail like on these N-scale items?

David.

Reply to
David F.

"David F." wrote

The V2 model has long been part of Farish's plans ever since the take over by Bachmann in fact. It's not likely to appear this year if the information we have is to be believed.

Detail on the rest of the range is fairly basic to say the least, but Bachmann have not released any models from newly tooled n-scale to date so judgement on the likely quality of future products is not yet possible.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

David

It should be good when it appears. The bodywork and the tender mouldings are ready but there is some uncertainty about the chassis - this being the main hold-up.

From what I've seen of the test shots it looks great, having far more detail than the cast metal ex-Farish loco bodies. Although the finish on the re-released locos is top-notch, some of the locos do look rather crude now, especially compared to their OO cousins or continental models. Once the new Bachmann designed stock starts to appear, we should see some big impovements.

Reply to
Adam Warr

Ah, but they have - it's just not a UK prototype. Their steam Consolidation is a little gem as far as detail - very well done. I'm told it runs well, too, but don't have one myself so can't vouch for it long-term. If their UK offering is up to this standard, you're in for a real treat.

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Oh dear me, How long is it since Bachmann took over or rather, eradicated Farish?

We keep hearing the same old story...it'll get better.

This is worse than the full size railway. How long do we have to wait for a real Bachmann train to arrive in quantity?

British N Gauge is sadly let down by this disaster.

Reply to
Yoda

"Joe Ellis" wrote

We're talking UK prototype - Graham Farish is *very* different to Bachmann Spectrum.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'd disagree with that. If any other manufacturer had taken over the GF range they'd probably just keep churning out the same old

-innacurate- models well known the world over for their poor running.

Bachmann may be taking their time to get things right with their new N gauge models, but the end result will most likely see a resurgence in people modelling in that scale.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Oh yes, heard that before too. They will all have gone Continental USA by then or changed gauge.

Limited supplies of UK outline and far too long for new models is just not acceptable. As Farish were the last manufacturer of UK outline for a full range of models it isn't really a matter of quality but of quantity! Farish had their problems but were addressing them, later than they should perhaps but at least they produced models.

Reply to
Yoda

Oh, I'm familiar with GF. However, they're not so very different any more, since Bachmann now owns GF. It certainly seems reasonable to _expect_ new releases in the GF line to be held up to the expected Spectrum standard... and if they're not, then the complaints should be loud and long.

Reply to
Joe Ellis

AFAIC the GF Class 56 looks like it was designed on a beermat after hours at the pub while the regulars held a farting contest...

Hopefully Bachmann will take their time to get things right and not release models that could be improved by three minutes in a microwave.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Oh dear. Yet more completely unneccesary filth from the unfortunate Mr. "Foulmouth" Mutley.

One would have though that after his last episode a couple of months ago when he became completely irrational and started degrading both himself and this newsgroup by posting the vilest obscenities that he would have obtained the professional help he so obviously needs.

I did not pursue the matter at the time because it was very obvious that he was in no fit mental state to grasp even the simplest of facts but I strongly object to such language in public.

His pathetic diseased mind seems completely unable to grasp that this is a "family" newsgroup frequented by youngsters who are not even of an age to enter decent pubs, never mind the kind of dive he and his low life friends evidently frequent.

I thought that now that he seemed to be showing a slight improvement by adopting a screen name he can at least spell correctly he would manage to keep it up, but, alas, no.

At the foot of his post he is still advertising his _private_ web site which he has deliberately named after this newsgroup with the obvious aim of decieving newbies into believing that he is some responsible officer of this newsgroup. Which of course he is not as there are no officers. And even if there were he is the last person who would be chosen to operate the group website.

What a fine advert for this newsgroup and railway modelling in general does Mr Foulmouth make.

Some of his postings here and some of the content of the website (which could quite reasonably have been named "Pete's model tips" or some such non-confusing title) are actually quite useful. What a great pity that such a fund of knowlege is rendered so much less valuable by its owner's very obvious personality and other problems.

Alex. W. Stirrat

Reply to
AlStirrat

Curses! Has this numpty changed his e-mail addy or are my filters in an advanced state of disrepair?

-- Steve Jones, Shropshire, England

Reply to
Steve Jones

In message , AlStirrat writes

Here we go again.

This is an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup. I suggest you take a look at my ISP's comments on children and Usenet:

Like World Wide Web pages, Usenet's newsgroups are a slice of adult life

- good, bad and sometimes plain distasteful. As such, Usenet should be considered an adult forum - and out of bounds to unsupervised minors.

from

If you let your children loose in Usenet without supervision, then you are not a good parent.

You introduced spelling in your previous paragraph. It's a pity you spoilt your message by misspelling "deceiving".

Reply to
John Sullivan

[boorish drivel snipped]

To be perfectly honest, I much prefer mutley's outbursts to your pompous outpouring. I hardly think the word "farting" deserves such criticism. If you think it will adversely affect children of any age then I suggest you go stand in a primary school playground - you'll hear much worse!

Reply to
Tessy

If you really want to do something about it, I think that I speak for many of us in suggesting that you go here ...

Chris Wilson

i've had that made up into a badge. i shall wear it down the pub with pride.

this is why i married someone who was a nurse in a mental hospital.

i should have used the word pumpydoodle. (that's what my little 'un calls 'em) or maybe bottom burp (as used by my nephew). Either way, we all fart. even those who pretend they don't. I like the word myself, it trips of the tongue just perfectly.

good call. I would have used immature too.

You may want to look up the word 'frequented' in a dictionary. In all the time i've been subscribed to this group i've not seen a -single- post from a 'youngster' let alone at frequent intervals.

I'm quite good at keeping it up... there's hundreds of nubile young groupies worldwide who can attest to that fact.

tut tut tut... i-before-e except after c.... And there's you having a dig at my spelling in the previous paragraph... lol..

Purrrleeze.... don't insult me by using the word responsible. I am anything but.

probably.

then again, i suspect that even newbies understand what the word 'unofficial' in the website's title means.

No, actually it is true. I should not have nicked the newsgroups name for the website. When i started the thing it was only ever supposed to be a couple of pages explaining what the newsgroup is, how to post to it and perhaps a gallery of mugshots of the regs so we all know what we look like. Now that it has developed into something else it would have been better served if I had started it with a different name.

However, i do believe that the vast majority of posters to this newsgroup are more than capable of knowing that any comments I make here or on the website do not in any way reflect the opinion of any other members of this group simply because of the website url in my sig. I happen to think people are more intelligent than that, and understand the concepts of individuality and free expression. Not that I think I've said much controversial anyway..

the trouble with you making that kind of comment is that my original post is still visible to be read by anyone and everyone and I don't think you'll find too many people who will take offence to what was clearly a humourous remark. (well. I laughed anyway) You just make yourself look like a complete idiot when the facts can be checked so easily.

A lot of the website isn't written by me, it's been contributed by other people, mostly from this newsgroup.

In which case Pete's model tips wouldn't exactly be the correct title. Maybe I should give it a name that reflects that the content is um, wait for it....a -group- effort. Maybe I should therefore give it the name of the .... group... of people who contribute so much to the website...

oh well, just a thought, and one I had just over a year ago.

you make my life sound like an episode of Bottom.

Which pleases me immensely.. cheers.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Limited supplies of UK outline and far too long for new models is just not acceptable. As Farish were the last manufacturer of UK outline for a full range of models it isn't really a matter of quality but of quantity! Farish had their problems but were addressing them, later than they should perhaps but at least they produced models.

Something which isn't quite right be it designed on a beermat or otherwise is preferable to nothing at all.

As for your dribbling diatribe - I leave that for the others to respond.

Reply to
Yoda

Steve, can I ask, what's a "numpty"?

I'm always keen to add to my vocabulary of invective! :-)

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

In message , Chris Wilson writes

Dear Mrs Stirrat

I would like to agree entirely with Mr Wilson's resume of the situation. Perhaps you would also like to look at the following URL:

John Sullivan

Am I the only person who when they saw f***ing, envisaged a different expletive?

Reply to
P Morgan