Green Arrow Error?

Hi all,

Why does the 'new' Bachmann model of the Green Arrow have the wrong chimney? All of my photos show a single circular outlet - including the original Photo from 1936 that my Grandfather had taken when he was the Fireman.

See :

Is it just me, or is it an overlooked error?

David.

Reply to
David F.

Just below the images on the same page -

"Product Description * These were made with double chimneys instead of single. * We have the replacement body in stock. * Please add a note in the "Special Instructions" section of your order to request that the replacement body be sent with the item. The body will NOT be sent unless you request it in your order form."

-- Regards, Chris Luck

Reply to
Chris Luck

Error not overlooked. From the page you quoted:

"Product Description These were made with double chimneys instead of single. We have the replacement body in stock. Please add a note in the "Special Instructions" section of your order to request that the replacement body be sent with the item. The body will NOT be sent unless you request it in your order form. "

Similarly at

and
also mentions it.

8 of the V2s did get converted to double chimney, but I think that Green Arrow wasn't one of them.

and
show the single chimney version.

Reply to
David Biddulph

If you read the rest of the loco description you'll find the following: -

a.. These were made with double chimneys instead of single. b.. We have the replacement body in stock. c.. Please add a note in the "Special Instructions" section of your order to request that the replacement body be sent with the item. The body will NOT be sent unless you request it in your order form.

So it seems it was an error and they'll send you a replacement body if you so wish.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"David F." wrote All of my photos show a single

That's hardly surprising. V2s were not fitted with double chimneys until much later in their life. 60800 never got one.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

My eyes wandered even further down the page, and apparently people who bought Green Arrow also bought a weathered 60015 Quicksliver, which would go very nicely, but they also bought a green Deltic which has been renumbered in the Tops series 55015, and a Black 5 in LMS lined black. I wonder what time period they are modelling?

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

Probably just 'collectors', aka those who can't.....

grins and ducks for cover :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

On 13/02/2005 09:34, :::Jerry:::: wrote,

Ouch! But true.....?!?! I saw a stereotype at a model show, might have been Warley, one year. He was rifling through the second-hand stuff with one hand, holding a huge sheaf of meticulously handwritten lists of models in the the other. He appeared to show no interest whatsoever in the models - just whether they were ticked off his list or not. Sad.

Also reaching for a flak jacket!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

In message , ":::Jerry::::" writes

Is your opinion of collectors the same as Alan Sugar's opinion of footballers?

Reply to
John Sullivan

Oops - I need new glasses! Thanks for pointing it out. I knew it was wrong - Green Arrow was never fitted with an 'alternative' double chimney.

David-the-Shortsighted.

Reply to
David F.

Thanks Roger...

Oops - I need new glasses! Thanks for pointing it out. I knew it was wrong - Green Arrow was never fitted with an 'alternative' double chimney. I was so surprised at seeing the images, I didn't read any further!

David-the-Shortsighted.

Reply to
David F.

In early 1960, 60817 and 60963 got double chimneys based on the Royal Scots, and were neither better nor worse than an average V2

In October 1960, 60881 got a Kylchap double chimney, and was then rated as the equal of a Pacific. 60858, 60862, 60880, 60902 and 60903 were similarly transformed in late 1961.

No further changes were made, as steam was on the way out by then.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

So these will be the rare ones in a few years' time.

:-))

Reply to
Brian Watson

I have a class 24 diesel (because I was born in 1958), one son has Thomas, Percy and Gordon, while the other has just received a Virgin class 43 (HST) (because it is red and black and goes fast). Collective time period: pure fantasy!

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

Hmmm.... Hold that thought!

David.

Reply to
David F.

Same here, you see my Bachmann Turbostar stabled next to a BR blue Whistler, which may be next to a couple of my LNER liveried V2s! Ach, its all in the name of fun, isn't it?

Reply to
James Christie

Same here, you see my Bachmann Turbostar stabled next to a BR blue Whistler, which may be next to a couple of my LNER liveried V2s! Ach, its all in the name of fun, isn't it?

-- Regards,

James Christie

You see, I find this fascinating as I could never do this. I dont see myself as a 'rivet-counter' (whatever that really means) and I know that a lot of people have a lot of fun running all sorts of combinations of loco and stock, but I just could never bring myself to do it. I would even have problems running a B17 alongside a double chimney V2, because there is little (if any) overlap in the time periods. Maybe I am just really sad, and am trying to re-create the past as I would have liked to have seen it?

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

In article , wrote: snipped

Phil: You don't have to run them all at once! I can run any 'period' from WW2 to the present day... just have sufficient off track storage and swing the changes with your mood

Reply to
Phil

That's what I do... run my (small) early 60's diesel collection at one time, and then, if the mood swings, I wind back the clock to the 20's with my steam fleet. I sometimes run parts of both together. That said, for me the enjoyment comes from running trains, and associated work in weathering and construction of scenery etc.

Reply to
Ian Cornish

wrote

Isn't that what we all aim to achieve?

Me, I mainly model the period from 1975-1985 but I've got an EWS liveried class 37 in there somewhere and will certainly have a class 66 when Bachmann release them.

I love the BR diesel era, but also like the colour of the current railway scene - and I also love steam locos too!

John.

Reply to
John Turner