Hornby Releases

What follows is a snip of something that just appeared on the Yahoo SeMG. Looks like my prayers have been answered - there will be M7s to run on Gosport with out having to build the damn things ;-)

Hope everyone else finds something of interest.

Elliott

*************** Just got the Hornby Collector mag this morning where the new products for 2006 are listed at the back (no photos) - it looks like a vintage year for Southern products!

A new King Arthur class 4-6-0 - 4 versions (This N15 has got to be better than the 1970s version, surely); M7 Class 0-4-4T - 4 versions; Class 73 Electro Diesel - 3 versions; plus an intriguing list of 5 new BBs and WCs, one of which is City of Wells, so that has to be an original, but the other four all have consecutive catalogue numbers R2584 - R2587 and although none of the descriptions include the magic word 'rebuilt', all the locos mentioned were rebuilt; given that and the fact that one is a weathered version of 34003 Plymouth, I get the feeling that the rebuilds have finally arrived.

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

Yes, I saw that too. I am jut as concerned about whether there will be any stock for them to pull! Apparently "Maunsell coaches" have been mentioned in some of the leaks, but as to whether these are the old repainted GW stuff, or new tooling is unknown at this time.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"Elliott Cowton" wrote

Hornby's *totally* new kettle releases for 2006 are:-

Rebuilt WC/BB M7 0-4-4T King Arthur 4-6-0 Britannia 4-6-2

seems like someone is obsessed with the Southern! :-(

Plus a Digital 4-car Pendolino train set - not up to the standard of recent diesel releases (according to Rail Express).

And from the secondhand Lima tooling

Diesel classes 59, 67 & 73, dmu classes 101, 121 and 156 and GWR railcar(s) of classes.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

No! definitely a " :-) "

Elliott (who lives in the south, has been awarded dual nationality as a yorkshireman and subscribes to LNER groups as well as Southern groups)

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

Weren't the Britannia's initially delivered to the ER?

Reply to
Rich Mackin

John - any news on new rolling stock? Its all very well us having these wonderful new locos (yes - wonderful!) if there isnt anything suitable for them to pull!

Reply to
John Ruddy

"Rich Mackin" wrote

There were indeed, but BB/WC, N15 and M7 most definitely resided exclusively south of the Thames, and some Brits did too, at least initially.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Ruddy" wrote

Gresleys in maroon (at long last, but hope they get the colour right), some ex-Lima CCTs, but very little else that I've been able to notice, although I only received listings today and have not had much time to assimilate everything.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I know you're not a Southern fan John, and it does seem to be a somewhat weak list for non Southern modellers. I am a BR(S) fan though, and all the above (including some of the modern stuff) will be in my loco roster. However it does seem unusual to have such a strong regional bias in any one year. I hoped mostly for the rebuilt light pacifics, but I'm happy to have the others as well! :-)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

I wish the obsession went as far as giving us a CIG or an EPB or something!

Regards,

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Smith

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

'bout time too!!!

Reply to
Colin Reeves

Lord of the Isles is on the list too, but not a 'totally new' model. Not clear if they are going to re-introduce steel rail for it, the magnadhesion won't work on n-s. Keith

Reply to
Keith

Oh, a bit like Bachmann was with all the LNER stuff a few years back you mean ?!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

I think you'll find that Bachmann have produced stuff on a fairly regular basis which is suitable for Southern Region modellers. How about:

N 2-6-0 Lord Nelson Standard 4 Standard 5 Standard 4MT 2-6-4T Bulleid coaches New SR van (only just released)

to mention but a few, add to that from Hornby

Rebuilt MN Original WC/BB Terrier Q1 0-6-0 Pullman cars

and I don't think the Souther are doing too bad, particularly with three totally new releases scheduled in 2006, and the Britannia thrown in for good measure.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh Shit! There goes my credit card balance again, stand by Mr. Turner :-) Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Ill second that!! Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

I want one of them!

Even if it's not a "totally new" model they can still make it pull a single-sized train without magnadhesion.

The original Lord of the Isles had what IMO was Triang's best motor, with a thrust bearing for the worm.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Yes, the 'TT' motor, I'm sure it won't come with one of those. My guess would be that they use their tender drive from the GW 0-6-0. Be a shame though, a single that won't slip is a contradiction in terms. Keith

Talking about locos that won't slip, how about a live steamer with geared drive to the tender axles so the drivers weight is used. See

Keith

Reply to
Keith

So probably from the Dapol tooling then... Still, my son will probably want one.

No Virgin 87 then... That's a shame. That's one of the few things I actually want, but I've just about bannished those Lima pancakes from my layout.

Adrian

Reply to
The Bradshaws

That won't stop 'em complaining ;-)