Hornby Releases

I hope they have separate handrails.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Steve W" wrote

Aye, a Beattie well tank would have got me buying up china clay wagons by the score, but I'm afraid Hornby's bland and repetitive selection of new models for 2006 leaves me cold.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , Steve W writes

And wasn't there a rumour of a Z class 0-8-0T?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

In article , Rob Kemp writes

Every time the model press do a survey of what rtr loco is wanted, what comes at or near the top of the list? yes that's right, the Drummond T9! And has any manufacturer produced one? And yes, there's even a live one to measure up!

Incidentally, the rumour is that Hornby measured up Lynes coaches at Horsted Keynes so one can live in hope.

(Lionel Lynes actually designed the SECR and SR coaches 'cos Maunsell was a loco man. Then Bulleid came along and rather took over)

Reply to
John Bishop

Me too. I still live in hope for diesels, classes 07, 14, 15 and 16! (Got a

17 now!) Badger.
Reply to
Badger

"Badger" wrote

Swap it for a 15?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

After all, they did manage to work up the GC on inter-regional workings!

CHeers, Francis K.

Reply to
Francis Knight

No, but I'm still interested in the 15 if you decide to sell it..... The 17 I got was an ebay purchase, finished in "ribble cement" livery and heavily weathered, don't know yet if I can bring myself to repaint it green or not, whoever painted it has done a really good job on it. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

"Francis Knight" wrote

Aye, the odd ones got as far as north as Leicester I believe, but I don't recall seeing any pictures from there of any of the prototypes which Hornby are proposing to release.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

hornby can obviously see that we are in for a recession and the only people that can boost their profits are the affluent South or the current pensioners.

The pensioners all have good feelings about their holidays to Cornwall by train (before the Exeter bypass horrific period). Now Hornby have done the Pines and Atlantic Coast Express (i nearly typed Atlantic Conveyor.....) and there is surely enough of that brown and cream stuff to do the Cornish Riviera so they have to do all the rest of that Sunny South stock - and that doesn't include happy memories of the commute to london so they won't do the emus.

What's left - O2 for the isle of wight holidays?

ken "v tongue in cheek, of course. Disappointed that Lord of the Isles will be a limited collectors edition. I wanted a single to adulterate to provide the train that used to run past my house to Stokes Bay but this will presumably be silly money" Gosport; Hants

Reply to
Ken Wilson

In message , Ken Wilson writes

You could buy the Thomas the Tank Engine version and adulterate that.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Emily?

Reply to