Newspaper Trainset

Hi all, Reading through my parents newspaper over Xmas, came across b&w article for a train set only for the paper - nothing new there I hear you cry - Hornby - yes, Duchess - yes, OK so far.... Mk II Pullmans in Umber and cream recreating the 1930's ? Yeah, OK then....

Are we to expect a new livery in 2006 on the old Airfix MkII castings ? Although B&W, They looked good, but are they authentic (Not the 1930's bit)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

I presume they're based on the Northern Belle Mk2 coaches... the Airfix/Hornby model is close enough, but the prototypes have oval windows in place of the normal rectangular ones - this could go some way to explaining why a Northern Belle Mk3a sleeper (ex-Lima?) is planned for next year.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

"Rich Mackin" wrote I presume they're based on the Northern Belle Mk2 coaches... the Airfix/Hornby model is close enough, but the prototypes have oval windows in place of the normal rectangular ones - this could go some way to explaining why a Northern Belle Mk3a sleeper (ex-Lima?) is planned for next year.

Rich, Thanks for this. I can't confess to knowing to be honest. Still, I think they are a dam good tooling still today, and as I said, looked good in the Pullman colours