Testing a 3 rail locomotive

The message from "BH Williams" contains these words:

I use the 16v ac outputs from a couple of Marshalls to power my line, along with the 16v outputs of a Clipper and a Codar. However, the Clipper is going to be condemned very soon before it loses its "magic smoke", and I'll probably replace the lot while I'm at it. Any recommendations for "modern" units to give me 4 x 16v ac supplies?

Reply to
David Jackson

Try

Each transformer will give you two supplies. Keith

Reply to
Keith

The message from Keith contains these words:

Hmmm! I'd been looking at the Model T1 on

which seems to be a very similar bit of kit. Either would fit my needs, so I'd better start saving up...

Reply to
David Jackson

Except that the T1 is only 50VA, ie half the power rating of the Rapid one I suggested, if 50VA is enough the 50VA units from Rapid are around half the Guagemaster price. Personally I'd go with 100VA units, its always nice to have a bit of power in reserve. Keith

Reply to
Keith

The message from Keith contains these words:

Didn't spot that - perhaps I should give up on speed-reading. 50va would probably be enough, I'm powering an N-gauge layout so 1 amp per controller should be adequate. I've never bothered to look what the Marshalls put out on the 16v line, but I'd have thought that it wouldn't be much more than 1 amp. I'm not in any particular hurry, so I may wait and see what I can spot at Warley, but with the prices of the above-mentioned equipment in mind...

Thanks for the pointers!

Reply to
David Jackson

Perhaps the sluggish running of Squidk's 2-6-4 tank during testing might only indicate that it requires re-oiling. Try that. Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce