Bachmann Standard 4MT 32-356

Has anyone tried fitting a decoder to this model, and if so how did you
get the body off? I am beginning to suspect that the model has been
changed since previous versions and that the included assembly diagram
does not match the model.
Mark Thornton
Reply to
Mark Thornton
"Mark Thornton" wrote
If the assembly diagram has been changed, there will be an updated version on the Bachmann website.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
There isn't an assembly diagram for any version of the 4MT tank on Bachmann's web site.
The locomotive body removal instructions page includes this:
"Five screws - at front of baseplate, two high up by slidebars and two at rear. 32-350 Cl 4 2-6-4T
Also remove screw thought speedo crank"
The bit about the speedo doesn't appear on the original assembly sheet. However, having looked very carefully, I am confident that the speedo does NOT have to be removed on this version.
32-350 appears to be a version released in 2001 with running number 80061.
Mark Thornton
Reply to
Mark Thornton
From the Bachmann service page
Five screws - at front of baseplate, two high up by slidebars and two at rear. 32-350 Cl 4 2-6-4T
Also remove screw thought speedo crank
I also undrstand that the internal weight fits tightly in the side tanks so you need to rock it gently and work it off after undoing all those screws. Keith
Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
"Mark Thornton" wrote
How right you are! Sorry.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Nice thought John, but not so, I'm afraid. The diagram for the class 4 standard tank is not there at all and there is not yet an updated version for the 08 with the revised pick ups and DCC ready features. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
I think I have finally worked out what the problem is. Or rather problems. First was which bit was supposed to separate, and second one of those five screws is damaged --- I had thought it wasn't restricting removal, but I seem to have been moving the wrong piece. The assembler's must have stripped the slots when fitting it. The question now is do I just drill it out or send it back.
Mark Thornton
Reply to
Mark Thornton
"Keith Norgrove" wrote
Agreed, as I've acknowledged earlier in this thread.
As far as I'm aware that's because the locos not been released as yet.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Yup, that's what the site shows, due in July, I was getting a misfeed from elsewhere on that one. Cheers Keith
Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
In article , Keith Norgrove writes
The decoder is mounted just behind the radiator grill but it is not so clear, from the revised diagram, how the pick-ups have changed.
Pat
Hammond Publishing, PO Box 199, Scarborough, YO11 3GT, Tel: 01723 506326, E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@mremag.demon.co.uk
Read 'Model Railway Express' Britain's leading and FREE online magazine for railway modellers. Updated DAILY with approximately 2,000 daily readers. News, Model Reviews, Book Reviews, Articles, Classified Ads. You will find us at
Pat Hammond
What revised diagram? Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
In article , Keith Norgrove writes
The one with the new DCC Ready Class 08 models which should soon be in the shops. These are BR green D3032 (32-113) and BR blue 08375 (32-111).
Pat
Hammond Publishing, PO Box 199, Scarborough, YO11 3GT, Tel: 01723 506326, E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@mremag.demon.co.uk
Read 'Model Railway Express' Britain's leading and FREE online magazine for railway modellers. Updated DAILY with approximately 2,000 daily readers. News, Model Reviews, Book Reviews, Articles, Classified Ads. You will find us at
Pat Hammond
But there is no such diagram on the Bachmann website, which is where we started. Keith
Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
I suspect that Pat has a review copy complete with the revised diagram.
Mark
Reply to
Mark Thornton
"Pat Hammond" wrote
The first of these 32-113 have just arrived in stock and whilst there is a stocker on the box proudly claiming that the loco is *DCC Ready* there is no updated assembly diagram included to show where the DCC socket is fitted.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Any chance of opening one up later on and having a look ?
Cheers Jeff.
Reply to
Jeff McGhie
"Jeff McGhie" wrote
Hi Jeff,
There's a strong risk of causing damage to a Bachy 08 by removing the body. The rear body retaining clip and the front step handrails are vulnerable, plus it's necessary to remove one of the wire pipe runs. If I was adding one to my layout I'd do it with pleasure, but it's too risky for any item I have to sell as new.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Pictures in this months Model Rail (for viewing in you local WH Smiths, although I do not condone this action)
Full article in next months...No doubt with the Hornby 08 as a comparison
Andy
Any chance of opening one up later on and having a look ?
Cheers Jeff.
Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.