The new alternative to the garden shed The Dome Home

Telegraph.co.uk
9th Feb 2010
Caroline McGhie
" We all need somewhere to dream, to put up the model railway or play
loud rock music ............. "
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/greenproperty/7188242/The-ultimate-outdoor-room-the-new-alternative-to-the-garden-shed.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/greenproperty/7188242/The-ultimate-outdoor-room-the-new-alternative-to-the-garden-shed.html
Worryingly civilised I'd say, it might start having to be 'tidy' in case 'someone comes to visit' and the patch of oil from the motor sump might attract negative attention.
Methinks it is not a shed.
X posted to uk.rec.sheds for further investigation and comment
Regards
Mike
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:52:35 -0000, "Mike Smith"

I agree with you, definitively a lack of storage shelves ,bins etc and far too twee. The round shape would mean it is difficult to put shelves up and not having an odd corner to stack those things you don't know where to keep for a decade or so would be highly inconvenient. And precious few places for the spiders to hide. The fact that the shed I let large hairy Arachnids roam unmolested is a major factor in keeping the missus out of My shed.
G.Harman
On 12 Feb, 10:20, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

.
The spiders in our shed carry their own spade to hit you back with !

There's a Shed group??

LOL, does that surprise you? Nothing surprises me about the internet these days...... Must admit, the "shed" has a sort of rustic charm to it, but way too pricey for me. Badger.

Mine is being held together by English Ivy which the State of Oregon is about to declare Illegal!

You'll have to claim grandfather rights for it!
Jane

Tell 'em English ivy has been around a bl**dy sight longer than Oregon.
--
Dave,
Frodsham
David Jackson wrote:

Not in Oregon, it's a non-native plant, and damn invasive.
wolf k.

It's invasive here, too. You control it (in the garden) by pulling it out - pruning/cutting makes it grow faster. Trouble is that "official" workers use mechanical tools with blades...
I suppose ivy is the Oregon version of the Japanese knotweed over here.
--
Dave,
Frodsham

But are not all plants are non-native as are humans. Just a question of when and by what means they arrived ?
Cheers, Simon
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:59:04 -0000, "Badger"

uk.rec.sheds has been around since May 1996. It's my favourite froup. Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk /
The usenet price promise: all opinions offered in newsgroups are guaranteed

At 18k a throw I don't think so! ;-)
John.

...... you could get this round shed for only a little more
http://70.32.72.241/drupal/sites/default/files/the-o2-arena_000427_1_MainPicture.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/greenproperty/7188242/The-ultimate-outdoor-room-the-new-alternative-to-the-garden-shed.html
See Buckminster Fuller and the Dymaxion House.