The new alternative to the garden shed The Dome Home

Telegraph.co.uk

9th Feb 2010

Caroline McGhie

" We all need somewhere to dream, to put up the model railway or play loud rock music ............. "

Dragon Heart

Worryingly civilised I'd say, it might start having to be 'tidy' in case 'someone comes to visit' and the patch of oil from the motor sump might attract negative attention.

Methinks it is not a shed.

X posted to uk.rec.sheds for further investigation and comment

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I agree with you, definitively a lack of storage shelves ,bins etc and far too twee. The round shape would mean it is difficult to put shelves up and not having an odd corner to stack those things you don't know where to keep for a decade or so would be highly inconvenient. And precious few places for the spiders to hide. The fact that the shed I let large hairy Arachnids roam unmolested is a major factor in keeping the missus out of My shed.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

"Dragon Heart" wrote

At £18k a throw I don't think so! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There's a Shed group??

Reply to
LDosser

See Buckminster Fuller and the Dymaxion House.

Reply to
LDosser

LOL, does that surprise you? Nothing surprises me about the internet these days...... Must admit, the "shed" has a sort of rustic charm to it, but way too pricey for me. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Mine is being held together by English Ivy which the State of Oregon is about to declare Illegal!

Reply to
LDosser

You'll have to claim grandfather rights for it!

Jane

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

The message from "LDosser" contains these words:

Tell 'em English ivy has been around a bl**dy sight longer than Oregon.

Reply to
David Jackson

uk.rec.sheds has been around since May 1996. It's my favourite froup. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Not in Oregon, it's a non-native plant, and damn invasive.

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

The message from Wolf K contains these words:

It's invasive here, too. You control it (in the garden) by pulling it out - pruning/cutting makes it grow faster. Trouble is that "official" workers use mechanical tools with blades...

I suppose ivy is the Oregon version of the Japanese knotweed over here.

Reply to
David Jackson

But are not all plants are non-native as are humans. Just a question of when and by what means they arrived ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

.

The spiders in our shed carry their own spade to hit you back with !

Reply to
Dragon Heart

...... you could get this round shed for only a little more http://70.32.72.241/drupal/sites/default/files/the-o2-arena_000427_1_MainPi=cture.jpg

Reply to