The joys of garden railways

Yesterday, I saw two robins sitting next to each other on the layout. One was jumping down to the garden, selecting something to eat, flying
back up to the layout, and giving it to the other, then repeating the process. Needless to say (a) all trains stopped for the duration, and (b) my camera was indoors.
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

You will have to build a Dinning car
Trev wrote:

Be kinda noisy, wouldn't it? (Check your spelling :-))
Yesterday, I saw two robins sitting next to each other on the layout.
Some folk will do anything to be a "Trainspotter" :-)
Why Jane?
Andy

Sorry, Andy, I don't understand the "Why Jane" question, as it can mean any of several different things. Would you like to be a bit more specific. You can priv-mail the question if you like (my from-address is real, don't reply to the reply-to address, that doesn't exist).

--

Imagine if your layout had something equivalent to http://nrekb.com/incidents/today.html :-)
--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ ***
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4430705.stm A fix
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:52:31 +0100, Jane Sullivan wrote:

How do you train them? All the birds round here just stand on the turnouts and defaecate.
Ken

My garden railway is built on the KISS principle. Thus there are no points on the layout where the birds are likely to s(h)it.
Points only appear in the fiddle yards (too near the house) and at the branch junction (too near the adjoining property with its noisy mechanical "keep the ground maintained" equipment and staff. The birds generally sit halfway down the garden.