B12 Trouble on points

My son has a Hornby B12 that has started to misbehave on points. It stops momentarily then starts again. Someone has told me that longer pick ups are needed. Could this be the case or could it need a good clean?

Any help appreciated.

Bev

Reply to
The Stanleys

I suspect that if it has only just started to have this problem, and nothing else has changed, all it needs is the wheels or track cleaned. Assuming that this is a normally (non DCC) controlled model railway PECO do various wheel and track cleaning devices, these should be available at any good model railway shop.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::