The old chestnut -- DCC

In what way was the LMS Pacific's valve gear more complicated than that on the A4?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

opensource ones yet so reluctant to do any programming myself. But if some assistance wanted with testing, including monitoring/analysing the serial port then willing to try and help.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"airsmoothed" wrote

So far they've only produced A4 & A3 models, and nothing new in the pipeline. I think that technological dead-end isn't that far away.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Benny" wrote

I'm sure that Hornby presence is only there as a result of their purchase of Rivarossi, Lima etc..

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"MartinS" wrote

Why would LMS valve gear be any more complicated to replicate than the LNER pattern of the A4 & A3???

John.

Reply to
John Turner

He was talking about 1:76 scale, but Hornby didn't do it the prototype way anyway.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Dunno if this was possible but a big mistake was not making them DCC compatable.

Reply to
Roger T.

Four external inclined cylinders rather than two horizontal, for one thing. Maybe I should have said "running gear".

With the original Live Steam A4, the cylinders and some of the running gear were hidden under the skirts and didn't need to be replicated accurately. The running gear on the Live Steam A3 was simplified.

Hornby electric: LMS:

Live Steam A3 and A4:

MartinS