TORX Screws for wood

but 2 X 20 mm steel - not brass !

Do you know where I can get hold of 500 peaces for a reasenable price ?

TORX would be best, but crossing ???? is acceptable, (Sorry, I don't know the english term for this slice on tpo of the head of the screw)

Best regards KSor Denmark

Reply to
KS

" snipped-for-privacy@os.dk" but 2 X 20 mm steel - not brass !

Trev

In article , KS writes

Keld (?)

Suggest you look at the Spax T-Star range:

(you may need to check the word wrap, and/or paste it in)

I have used these screws, they are top quality plated steel ones and I would be very happy to use them again (in fact I got a trade pack, and I will probably be leaving quite a lot of them to my kids in my will!).

The cross-head screws come in two types, posidrive and Phillips. A Phillips screwdriver will work in a posi screw without damage, but using a posidrive screwdriver in a Phillips screw will damage one or both. Some Googling will give you more detail if you need it.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

"David Littlewood" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@dlittlewood.co.uk...

Thanks David !

Unfortunately the only have 3mm and I need 2mm ;-((

Now I know the right word (Spax T-Star) I'll try som googling.

Best regards KSor, Denmark

Reply to
KS

KS but 2 X 20 mm steel - not brass !

English terms for screw types:

slot - Robinson [] Phillips + Torx *

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Never heard of Robinson, there is a Robertson, but never seen one actually used.

Slot, Phillips, Pozidrive, Hex, Hex socket, Torx, are the common ones but the list goes on and on, particularly when you start talking about 'tamper proof' varieties.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Sorry, my "fingers did the walking", but landed on the wrong keys. Robertson it is. Better than Phillips - much less likely to slip out. Patented by Robertson, actually. Here's more:.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K