Tilt Shift Photo's

Try this website

It's a special effects web service ( nothing to download onto your PC ) that makes photos look like a model town ....... ideal for backdrops ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

David Littlewood wrote :- However, I would have thought it was exactly not what one wants in a backdrop. There, one is trying to make a model look real; this website is helping you make a real picture look like a model.

My own personal opinion is ..... yes it is !

However good a model house, tree or loco are they still have the appearance of a model. If the background is 'true life' photo I feel, to my eye, it exaggerates that effect.

We all have our own ideas on modelling and at least this one you can try for 'free' !

Regards

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

The backdrop (back scene) should be a good deal less detailed than the foreground.

a) this is so in real life - the further away, the less detail you see; b) the more detail in the background, the more it draws the eye from the trains in the foreground.

Sometimes even a plain blue sky is enough.

cheers

Reply to
Wolf K

In message , Dragon Heart writes

Some of the Bognor Regis Model Railway club members are constructing a model designed to be operated by children at shows. One of their members brought a backscene he'd just purchased. They added it to a board, placed (my) old Lima DMU on the track and the results can be seen starting here.

Who says the camera doesn't lie?

Enjoy

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Me. It's still obviously a model.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

So, how exactly do you propose to use the tiltshift effect on a backscene?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq