Who made this????

I need to replace a thumb turn on a mortise lock. Anybody know who made the trim viewable at the link below? (two pictures)

(Anybody got one?)

Hope this works.

TIA

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

know who made the

locksmith company

your

Problems.

hand, that he may

because he cares

the file is inaccessible. unless one signs in or something..

Reply to
Key

First time I ever tried Yahoo pictures. Did I do something wrong?

How/where can I post these sop they are viewable

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Bob DeWeese, CML

Looks like a Corbin / Russwin mortise lever trim for what I could see of the lock case. If you pull the case out you might get lucky and find the specs tag still intact. Hope it helps

Mr.Bill

Reply to
mr.bill

Ask Yahoo. They tell us to ask you, which presumably means that you have to do something to declare who's able to access the images.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

Just a thought: Is there any brand info on the mortise lock itself?

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

heck it wont SEND cookies, and i cannot log on EITHER... its FUBARED...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

my GUT reaction is a Yale...some years back, made in China... or a clone

whats the critical dimensions? between the lever and TK lever? anything in a grade 2 that would match it? Marks? Arrow or Falcon?

whats the mortice part? Yale, Schlage Best, or a Corbin Russwin?

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Bob,

What kind of cylinder / keyway? What kind of cam on the cylinder? Any name on the face plate or lock body?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

It actually had a Yale cylinder in it (along with most of the other units in this particular building). I assumed it was Yale and ordered an inside escutcheon. Not even close. The distributor is waiving the restock fee (after just a little bit of wining) so it's just costing me the shipping both ways.

No name on face plate but it is stamped UL and F (fire)

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

You mean on the case? Like inside the door? Never looked.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I would call YALE tech service direct and talk to those folks... they got some 'limited run' stuff floating around...and they might be able to tell you better.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Yeah. Joe suggested that, too. Guess I'll take ANOTHER ride (#3) over there and pull the whole thing out.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

that's what I thought at first too (had a Yale cyl). And ordered one. didn't match.

Maybe I'll email Yale and ask about that import line you're talking about.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

If you could give us a working picture, I'm sure we could give you more info.

Jack Allied Lock & Security, Inc Atlanta, GA

Reply to
Jack

what I could see of

and find the specs

ride (#3) over

locksmith company

your

Problems.

hand, that he may

because he cares

Corbin / Russwin was my first thought too. best bet would be to take the third trip and pull the case. take some pics of the case while your at it.

g'luck

Reply to
Key

Bob,

Perhaps you could just repair the T-turn. From the looks of your snapshot it appears that you might be able to just repair the twisted tail piece. I would also note that this is usually a symptom rather than the problem so stand ready to solve the real problem after you fix the tailpiece.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Bob,

If you want to E-mail the picture to me I will post it on my web site for the people to look at....

Leon Rowell

Bob DeWeese, CML wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

No. It's actually the back of the thumb turn where the tail piece attaches to it that's broken

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML