who made this kit?

Hi all i need to find a model of this VW beetle, its for a friend who comes to visit in a couple of months from Germany its a 73 VW1200 She will send me lots of foto of the real thing, of the car she owned that i will make for her but i know bugger all about who makes these cheers

Reply to
Jules

Closest thing you'll find on the market is Hasegawa's 1/24th scale 1967 Beetle. Tamiya also has a Beetle but it's the earlier version with the cage-like bumpers.

Hope this helps!

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce

Beetle. Tamiya also has

Thanks Stephen, great help that was...person said its pretty close (i know bugger all about Beetles, i only like nice or powerful cars!) it seems hers had no front bumper... I have just googled...cant find the info, did this kit come with options for both sides to made the steering wheel? i have to do a German one

cheers!!

Reply to
Jules

Airfix makes/made one in 1:32 scale and Revell mad an early version in 1:16 scale. Can't remember the year of either, but the Revell is a good build.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Airfix one is wrong, i checked, i once saw teh revel one...but im sure its way too early but work a look, im no expert on this car cheers

Reply to
Jules

ISTR an IMC kit of the Beetle in 1/25th. Last I heard it was coming from an outfit called 'Union'. I believe it's a Japanese firm. BUT, it's been a while since they were out.

No bumper? Hmm, definitely not US specs. I think '58 was the last year here for the tiny oval window in the rear. Hey, that's right. I think there was an article in "Collectible Auto" about the VW. I'd better look that up for you. They have amodel column that covers the cars featured in the issue.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Having checked the issue (Feb. '98) I can say that it only covers the years '49-'57. BTW, the 1/16th Revell kit is of a '52. Sorry I'm not much help here.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hey Bill, thats great. The girl (the one from Berlin on my fotos) sent me a few pics of her real car she had, i think it was modded so had no bumper/fender...

I now have my cheap fone # working again, i will call you some time over the next week for a chat!

Reply to
Jules

Post the pics so we can figure out what will work for ya.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Cool. It'll be nice to get something on the phone besides recorded political crap.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

ok will try later this or next week....taking into acc the time diff!!

cheers

Reply to
Jules