Track planning software

At present I am using pencil 1.0, but I'm not averse to the idea of track planning software. HVR2 won't actually run on any of my (several) Windows PCs and having tried the demo version of WinRail, I can't see an easy way of setting up the baseboards. Is it just a matter of drawing lines? And is there an easy way of inserting lines of a given length, rather than adjusting them later?

Also, the demo version of WinRail won't run under Wine. Has anyone succeeded in getting any of the Windows based software running under Wine?

Thanks

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

You might like to have a look at Templot,

This is a template generating program, based on real track geometries, but can be used, and is used, to design complete layouts. It is possible to have background shapes to lay out baseboards or whatever. Strongly recommended.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I haven't got any track planning software running under Wine, but XtrkCad has a native Linux version, including a demo version.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Ward

Jeff Ward wrote: > I haven't got any track planning software running under Wine, but XtrkCad > has a native Linux version, including a demo version.

I have used both the Linux and Windows versions of XTrkCad and it does everything I want it to.

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

Thanks