Triang RDC

I was recently given an assortment of quite old OO equipment. Most of it has been quite badly abused over many decades, but one quite interesting item was an unpowered Triang Budd RDC-2 in very good condition.

I have seen powered Triang RDCs advertised for around £50. But before I rush off to eBay, does anybody know whether an unpowered one has much of a resale value?

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

"David Bromage"

I'd say zero to nothing.

There is a far superior Budd car on the market these days in the Life-Like P1K range. It comes in two versions, RDC1 and RDC2 IIRC, and is scale length and runs like a dream. I own two of them

-- Happy Holidays Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

=3D>I have seen powered Triang RDCs advertised for around =9C50.

You're kidding, right? That's about $120Can - you can get a brand new , true-to-scale, Proto1000 RDC for less than $100Can - sometimes much less= . Postage included, too.

=3D>rush off to eBay, does anybody know whether an unpowered one has muc= h of =3D>a resale value? =3D>

=3D>Cheers =3D>David

I doubt it very much, unless there are fanatical Triang colletcors out t= here.

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote

There are indeed some fanatical Tri-ang collectors. I wouldn't want to put a bet on the value of that particular Budd RDC, but it's the only variant of those manufactured which I've not actually had through my hands. I'd suggest a rock-bottom minimum of GBP50. If it's in a nice original box it could be significantly higher

John.

Reply to
John Turner

=>

=>"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote =>

=>> I doubt it very much, unless there are fanatical Triang colletcors out =>there. =>

=>There are indeed some fanatical Tri-ang collectors. I wouldn't want to put =>a bet on the value of that particular Budd RDC, but it's the only variant of =>those manufactured which I've not actually had through my hands. I'd =>suggest a rock-bottom minimum of GBP50. If it's in a nice original box it =>could be significantly higher =>

=>John.

That's very interesting. Ta!

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

John Turner wrote: > There are indeed some fanatical Tri-ang collectors. I wouldn't want to put > a bet on the value of that particular Budd RDC, but it's the only variant of > those manufactured which I've not actually had through my hands. I'd > suggest a rock-bottom minimum of GBP50.

I had seen powered versions selling for up to GPB120. If the unpowered version is indeed worth at least 50, then I think I've had a win. :)

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

Tri-ang did the Budd RDC in seven different liveries of which the Australian one is the rarest. The Transcontinental ones also fetch a high price but don't assume that the non-powered one is worth much less than the powered ones. They seem to be harder to find.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Hammond