Trix Twin Gears

Hi I am wanting a brass worm & brass gear to replace a worn 32 tooth x13.55/13.75mm diam gear. both to fit 2.48 shafts. Can anybody help. The items ate for a TTR Flying Scotsman 1183 in war Time Black livery. Thank you in advance Roger

Reply to
Barbara Mitchell

Barbara Mitchell said the following on 15/08/2005 15:08:

It might be worth a look at the Ultrascale website -

You will probably find that the 2.48mm is actually 3/32", give or take a smidgen.

Even if they don't do an off-the-shelf solution, they can undertake a special for you. Make sure you read the notes about the current delivery times though!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

By all means ask, but I know that a number of the gear ranges described on the Ultrascale Website are no longer available and that certain "special runs" are no longer undertaken. I get the impression that the company is either "downsizing" or changing its emphasis to a more limited product line.

Alternative might be via Chris Stapleton (owner of Sharman Wheels amongst other well known model brand names), who has some gear manufacturing capability.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

On 15/08/2005 17:56, Nigel Cliffe wrote,

Yes - now you mention it, that might be a better idea than Ultrascale. Don't know why I didn't think of that, especially as I have an envelope addressed to Sharman Wheels just about to be posted!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Is the Trix Twin Society not able to help. They keep quite a range of spares.

Alastair

Reply to
Elmarie McCulloch