Turntable at the end of a fiddle yard

Terry I'd be very interested to know which proprietary turntables you would describe as good but expensive? I'd guess not Hornby, Peco or Dapol. Fleischmann? I don't know of any others. I ask because I'm looking for a good one, if it's not too expensive! Nice site by the way.

would
Thanks for the site feed back.
I do not have experience with the current Hornby, Peco or Dapol products. For a fiddle yard they are probably good enough as resemblance to a prototype is unimportant. I did have a Fleishman turntable, these are expensive and are a good option if you want an electric powered automatic indexing turntable. I have old Hornby turntables in a box, it's to long ago to remember how good or bad they are. My current layout has a scratch built turntable. It's the second turntable I have built, the first was scraped, only the bearing housing was re used. It is mechanically operated, and electrical pickup is from underneath the layout, using double the contacts necessary for reliability on the underside of a copper clad disc.
--
Terry Flynn

http://angelfire.com/clone/rail/index.html