Warwell Bogies

Do any of the 00 models on the market use the same bogie as fitted to the Warwell Wagon?

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

if I am looking at the same wagon you're referring to, then not many as far as I know. They appear more like our US HO variants

that's if these are what you're referring to.

Steve

.

Reply to
mindesign

I think a diamond-frame bogie, of the type pictured, is available from Ratio- certainly, their bogie open used to have them. Though an American design, they were used by both the LNER and LMS on bogie bolsters and similar types. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

In message , BH Williams writes

The Diamond frame bogie is the older (WW2?) version. The current wagons have a different bogie as shown at

Ian Birchenough

Sorry, Ian, I thought that was the type you meant, as it was the one shown in the photo. You could have a look at the Genesis Models site, as they now make both original and rebuilt type Warwells (the current day Warwells are simply rebogied WW2 ones). Try :-

bogies are Gloucester GPS 22.5, I believe. regards Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

In message , BH Williams writes

Hi Brian, That's why I was asking actually! I've built 3 of the Genesis Warwells (my second attempt at wagon building) and whilst I'm satisfied with the look the running leaves something to be desired - hence the search for a R-T-R bogie to replace my attempt. Ian

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

Ian, Try the fold-up etched brass inner frames available from either Hurst Models or A1/M G Sharp- I've found these ideal for rectifying running problems with both cast and plastic bogies. Good luck. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams