Weighting rolling stock

What do people use these days? I used to use crushed air gun pellets but those are not so widely available these days.

Cant help wondering why the spammers keep trying to disrupt this group, sad lot, probably got a set in some odd scale and never got over the frustration of finding themselves in a dead end.

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I model in O-scale, and use the little weights you can buy at car bits and pieces shops for wheel balancing.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

The ones used on mag wheels would be most suitable for the job.

Do a search for "stick on balance weights" and you will find their shape is perfect for cutting to size and *sticking down*. ;-)

Reply to
Xeno

replying to Christopher A. Lee, Arthur wrote: If you go to a tyre place they'll probably give a you a few for free that they've taken off wheels being balanced after new tyres.

Reply to
Arthur

replying to Christopher A. Lee, Arthur wrote: If you go to a tyre place they'll probably give a you a few for free that they've taken off wheels being balanced after new tyres.

Reply to
Arthur

You have to be careful how you secure that and similar products in some circumstances ,I believe it is more the adhesive used but some can swell up over a period and split a model. I found that unlike lumps of lead the very fine balls of metal ( tungsten ?) do live up to the their liquid description very well and if not secured will escape from the tiniest aperture which can cuase problems if it gets unseen on to track and points. I used to it to good effect to completely fill the body of a Tri-ang Railways continental range snowplough, rewheeled with some bogies from a US box van it does a reasonable job of acting as a twig clearer on the garden railway when being sent around as the first train for a couple of hoirs

junk bins at a show .

If you still have a Tri-ang plough with its original ?wings? though keep it original, they got lost or broken so easily that the rarity of a complete one makes them quite valuable in the collectors market, so valuable that it is now possible to obtain new replica wings.

GH .

Reply to
Marland