What the........

Ok, so who wired their new Layout to the Eastern National Grid??!!

David.

Reply to
David F.

"David F." wrote

Saddam shame? :-(

John.

Reply to
John Turner

LOL

Reply to
Rob K

The new low budget plan for Amtrack....

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Sorry -- I accidentally left a file laying across the tracks when I plugged in the power pack this afternoon.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

I thought I'd left that behind in California. A few years ago we had a summer with several shutdowns from British Columbia to Mexico. Then I moved to New York. After the famous East Coast blackout it was supposed to have been fixed so it couldn't happen again.

This one was completely out of the blue. Previously there had been requests to turn off un-necessary equipment, lights etc. And at work they'd announce they were doing this over the tannoy.

But not this time. It happened with no warning.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Hmmmm ... maybe it's you!! It's following you around.

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I have not heard a single report or seen a photo of Detroit or Toledo, both of which are apparently dark as well.

Have you wondered if an incident like this was caused because the entire system was overloaded and all it took was someone flipping a light switch on and *poof*...dark.

I know in reality at any one millisecond there is probably 200,000 people flipping switches on and off but it makes you wonder.

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

I always enjoyed the story [more than likely apocryphal] from the '64 blackout of a kid walking home with a stick hitting parking meters, and at the corner the power pole, just as the lights went out. He ran home crying "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it."

Reply to
E Litella

Oddly, last week I was reading my souvenir copy of Life magazine covering the November *1965* blackout. The circumstances sound suspiciously similar. I had lived in Toronto about 1 month at the time.

Reply to
MartinS