Working Hoppers

Hi All,

Does anyboy produce any working Hopper waggons in either HO or OO, I know that Hornby did produce one model years ago.

I've recently resurected my old modelrailway from my mothers and have a Faller "hopper and Conveyer System" so I'm looking for some wagons that will function with this..

Regards

Jon

Reply to
MaSh

Its a shame you did not ask this question a few months ago i sold 20 of the the wagons to a shop in Portsmouth. they where the old Triang hornby grain wagons, and the hornby iron ore wagons.

Ian Gearing

Reply to
Herman613B

You should have asked last week as I found 50 of them while clearing out my garage and put them on a bonfire.

Herbie

Reply to
herbie

Argh too late.I put seventy out in the bin this morning, and the binmen have only just taken them while I was reading your post.

frankie

Frank

this is strange.... i just found 250 in a cat basket this morning , with a note saying would i give a them a good home ?

so i sent them round the mother's house ( she's get one of them Faller hopper and Conveyor System thingys)

david

MaSh wrote:

Reply to
Derbyducks

I just bought 70 of these from my dustman, but I actually want them for one of those Faller hopper things.

Seriously, Triang did these in BR grey livery - they were actually based on the lower half of their grain hopper but don't look too bad (although not as good as Airix 21 tonners). The bottom door is opened by a lever, and this was designed to be worked automatically. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to rig something up. The wagons turn up at toy fairs, and maybe Ebay. They aren't rare and don't fetch too much. The later Hornby model was based on these.

Hope this helps.

Stu

Reply to
Stu

An off the wall suggestion: Fleischmann make 3 or 4 different working hopper wagons. One is a side tipper which is designed to work automatically with their tipping (er) installation thingy. There's also a 2 axle and a 4 axle hoppers which use a fairly small trackside "^" ramp for opening the hoppers.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

As a cunning plan couldn't you drill a hole through the bottom of a hopper say 5mm DIA, then make a sliding trap door that moves fore and aft. To get it to move use some of that memory wire stuff. Then have two wires where the unloading bit is, move the wagon over the unloading bit, the contacts are made, the memory wire shrinks and opens the sliding door...

next time I find a second hand hopper I'm going to have a go...I could slap in a DCC chip and get them to unload on instruction...all over the PW...get a shark and I've got OO ballastingl!!!!

Dave M

Reply to
David Miller

In message , MaSh writes

Put them up for sale on Ebay. There's enough idiots out there who'll turn them into gold for you.

Reply to
John Sullivan