Puggish question

Hi folks,

Does anyone know why Pugs have that covering over the crosshead? Was it an essential part of the mechanism, or merely cosmetic?

TIA...

whokid

Pester me, why not: whokid at flywheelnetwork .co .uk

Reply to
Whokid

"Whokid" wrote

Pus tended to work in areas where there were plenty of non-railway personnel around, such as docks, and it's my guess it simply a safety measure to stop people getting mangled.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If you notice the area is generally below the sandboxes, sand and oil don't mix!! Not if you want to keep your sliding surfaces nic and smooth. Some of the "sandbox filling operatives" were "less thatn careful" and were known to spread it about a bit.

HTH Barry

Reply to
Barry steventon