347 Tig wire

I came across some 347 wire for sale and was wondering what stainless it will weld and also, could it be used for cast or carbon.

Thanks, Kent

Reply to
Kent Fowler

Actually, 347 wire is stabilized with columbium (aka niobium). One of its primary uses is on SS base metals of similar composition (as you said - 308) that are columbium or titanium stabilized.

Reply to
Phil Thomas

That's right ,347 is columbium stabilized and 321 is titanium stabilized. I get them mixed up.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler