A picture for your enjoyment

Scroll down to the welder ............

What do you think? I think he's risking a tan and skin cancer.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I don't see any problem. That's a standard pipeliners pancake welding hood.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Damn, yer right! I missed the part of it that shows the reflection. I thought he was welding with cutting goggles.

Oh, dopey me.

I just have seen so many stupid television commercials where they do things like wear welding hoods to OA cut, and it's always some blonde with big hair.

I have seen pancakes on pipeline jobs, and the men who wore them were usually very good.

I missed that one plain and simple.

Steve

PS.............. psst .......... But, really. I posted it for people who have never seen a pancake used that way before ........... ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

The eyes are in the box, but the face is behind a shield.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Yup, I plain missed it.

Mllllfffmmmmllllpppfffffffttttttttttt ! !

(sound of removing size 10.5 foot from mouth)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

someplace on the net..couldnt find it in a quick search, is a picture of a slender gal, clad only in a mask, running a bead while standing up. I recall thinking the first time seeing it..about the dangers of bush fires.......

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

I wonder just what would be the proper procedure and etiquette for taking care of that situation.

"Here, let me just smother those flames with my body..................." ??

Steve

Reply to
SteveB