Aluminum Wirefeeder question

Let me ask it again. Probably wasn't clear the first time:

Will a Lincoln WeldPak 100 (runs on 110 volts) weld 1/4" aluminum satisfactorily, or do I need something with a higher output? Thanks,

Fred

Reply to
Fred

satisfactorily, or do I need something with a higher output? Thanks,

Reply to
Keith Marshall

You will find info for Weld Pac 100 under retail product listing at Lincoln Electric web site. Lincoln Electric says that welder is too small to weld 1/4" aluminum.

This Link states WeldPak 100 can weld Aluminum 22ga. .030" to 12ga. .105"

How To Successfully Weld Aluminum with a Compact MIG Welder
How to Select a Compact Wire Feed Welder
A Guide to Aluminum Welding
Frequently Asked Questions in Aluminum Welding
Seems even Lincoln Electric says that welder is too small to weld 1/4" aluminum.

Reply to
R. Duncan