Amperage range of Tungsten?

What is the amperage range of a 2% Thoriated Tungsten @ .020" diameter, and .040" diameter?

Rod...

Reply to
Rod Ryker

Have a look here, about half way down:

Reply to
AL

Rod: Thanks AL. I have an aerospace certification to take wrt .035" th. material. I will choose .040" diameter 2% thoriated- tungsten - non sharpened. There will be backing gas so I know there is an obvious chill factor involved. The amps will be between 20 and 30. I will use a #8 shade with a magnifier in my hood. And of course, TIG gloves, a non flammable degreaser and a clean stainless steel brush. ;) Thank you for your help! :):):)

Rod...

Reply to
Rod Ryker

0.020" - 5-20 amps 0.040" - 15-70 amps