another stinkin' tig question

For whats its worth, go the Thermal Arc 185STW route instead. More features, smaller, more efficent, and less current draw.

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

AT 30 amps you should be able to weld up to about 120-130 amps output for short periods. That will handle 1/8" materiel.

I have no life.

I'll ask my Mom next time she visits from the cloud cities of venus.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I'm 99% set on the syncrowave 180. The input power requires 230 volts, single phase, 54 amperes. The problem I have (and it's only for a short time) is my millermatic 175 runs off a 30 amp line. Until i can run another line to the garage (60 amp) how much tig welding can I do before it trips the breaker? and how do they come up with 54 amps? (strange number??) Thanks in advance, walt ps. Ernie, I know you'll chime in here, how the hell do you know all this stuff?? are you a human??????

Reply to
wallster

Ernie, check for a belly button, or lack there of. walt

Reply to
wallster