ARCZONE Hyperformance Formula Tungstons

Anyone have any experience with these electrodes? Their (ARCZONE) website gives little if any information about them except to claim that they are the best - for what exactly they don't say. I was going to order 2% Lanthanated and Zirconiated electrodes based on Ernie's recommendations but this claim that these were the "best" distracted me so I did not order anything yet. I still have a lot of 2% Thoriated and pure electrodes to use up so I guess I should wait until they are gone and then maybe ARCZONE will put some more information on their website. I tried to order from the EBAY website that Ernie recommended but I could not figure out how to order more than one thing at a time on it. The shipping charges alone for that mode of operation would bankrupt me.

Reply to
Don Bingham

I think Aglevtech is the one he recommended. Yes, I got bitten by them on their EBAY shipping charges -- I thought $8 shipping was a little excessive for a pack of 10 electrodes that I purchased from them on Ebay.

This is their site where you can order more than one at a time.

Regards, Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Kushner

There are a few odd proprietary mix tungstens out there.

Huntingdon Fusion makes one they call a Multi-strike with a white band that is a mix of doping agents, but they won't say what the mix is.

Probably a mix of Lanthana, Ceria, and Zirconia.

They claim longer tip life.

I have no idea if they work better since nobody in Seattle carries them.

It is hard to go wrong with Lanthana and Zirconia

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I had good luck ordering the 2% lanthanated tungsten's that Ernie recommended getting from Angletech. I bought from their E-bay store and they combined the shipping. Total cost was very reasonable. They seem to be working quite well with my Dynasty 200 DX although I should add that I have very limited tig experience. I bought 1/16" and 3/32".

I also bought some gas lens from CK Worldwide as per Ernie's recommendation. Being unfamiliar with the parts Ernie suggested I really did not understand it fully enough to place an order. I had e-mailed myself his recommendations ( which seemed to disappear from his post ) so I called a very helpful tech support guy at CK Worldwide and read to him exactly what Ernie had suggested I buy for my Diamondback torch. He understood fully and gave me all the part numbers that I needed to order. I ordered them right away and they arrived in short order. I can't believe how little gas I need now. They work really nice. I have my gas turned down to less than 10. I have learned one thing for sure........WHEN ERNIE SPEAKS I LISTEN. Thanks Ernie for sharing your vast knowledge and experience.

Reply to
bitternut