Craftsman Club ?

When I ordered the welder yesterday the lady asked if I was a member of the Craftsman Club. I told her no and asked if it would get me a 10% discount and she said, "Yes, How did you know?"

I don't know if she was kidding or not but I called today and joined via phone. The gentleman said they occasionally offer discounts on items and it is usually 10%. So it could be that she was very truthful and not just going along with my comment.

Therefore, If you are a member of the Craftsman Club you just may be able to save about $30 off the prices I mentioned for the welder. No, I don't think the governor or the trucking company will give you 10% off their fees! :-)

To log in as a Craftsman Club member:

To learn about Craftsman Club benefits and how to join:

For guest access to the Craftsman Club:

Al

Reply to
Al Patrick

I been a member for years. That is the only way I buy the high dollar things like the jobsite tablesaw. I see they have a new toy "Twin cutter"

saw it in the new craftsman catalog page 177 cutting pipe.... I wonder how fast it can cut the pipe. Anyone have this toy? Any good?

Don D

Now that is an odd looking beast. A geared down right angle grinder with a saw foot and dry-cut carbide blade. Interesting idea. I wouldn't mind playing with one, but I think my Skil77 wormdrive with Steel cutting dry-cut blade would outlast it 5 to 1.

Ernie Leimkuhler

Saw this in my Craftsman Club flyer, I think the two blades spin in opposite directions. Can't say for sure because I already threw the flyer in the trash.

> =00926829000 I

> e=Yes&vertical=SEARS

> okie=Yes&vertical=SEARS

Shawn

They do spin in opposite directions. suppose to have a bur free cut on PVC and wood, I sure would like to try before I buy. I just would like to know how it cuts steel pipe. how thick can it cut how fast it will cut through. I would like to add that to my collection of tools so my wife can tell me I would never use it. Then I would find one thing to use it for just to prove her wrong...

I think I would rather have this saw instead from NORTHERN TOOLS.

may try this one for the cuts that have to be right on the mark. At least things can be clamped down... I do not know if the cuts angles. It looks like it may be for straight cuts only, I could not tell in the pic.

Anyone have one of these or think it is worth it?

Reply to
Don D

Buy good bimetal blades for it and hope the blade tracking is decent.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler