Atlas 10" QC repair

I'm in the middle of trying to get this QC box fixed. In inspection the various pices and figuring out what to order, I ran across a damaged key on the big gear that is first in the train, and slides over the leadscrew end. It has a special key that is separate from the gear, but is somehow attached very securely. Since it was mushroomed it needs replacing. The problem is I have not yet got it out. I will probably wind up milling it out somehow. And once I do, it's not serviced separately although it should be easy to make. Anyone have experience with this item that can offer some guidance?

Also, it appears my QC box is different from the one shown in the 10-F parts breakdown from Clausing. How do I indeify what model QC I have?

Thanks for the help - you guys are great! Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Are you a member here?

not, join, it is the site for your lathe. All concentric to Atlas machines and the ones they made for Sears Craftsman. I have an A/C 6x18 101.21400 myself, used to chat there.

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

||If not, join, it is the site for your lathe. All concentric to Atlas machines ||and the ones they made for Sears Craftsman. I have an A/C 6x18 101.21400 ||myself, used to chat there. || ||Alex

Yes, I am a member there. I also posted this on that list, but have had no responses. Apparently the few people that have messed with the QC just bought a used one. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Okay understood on that, sir.

Alex