Atlas 10/12" lathe owners only; QC gearbox upgrade

I just noticed this QC gearbox on Ebay. It isn't mine. 160239185313

It's the kind that was sold as a kit to adapt (10F, I think)non-qc lathes to qc gearbox operation, I think. I mention this because I went through a lot a couple of years ago, buying the wrong kind of QC gearbox, THEN finding out all the stuff I had to do to make it fit. They don't come along very often. Make sure you contact the seller to ask about the other parts you may need, like the covers and the reverser lever and gears.

Lastly, I know this website has been pointed to before, but it's one of the best places I know of to find out more about Atlas Lathes:

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
spaco