Argon regulator TIG - bottle fitting US vs UK/other - conversion

Hi everyone
(sorry if this repeat posting - had prob. mailing software)
Regarding adapting American Argon regulator to British Argon bottle
Have Miller Dynasty 200DX, bought in America and brought back to
Britain (yeahh - great place - miserable but good people)
American Argon bottle fitting is different from those here in Britain.
Find on
formatting link
ours are "BS3" (and there are toher different standards acround the
The brass-bodied regulator ("SMITH") looks a beauty - don't want to
junk it.
Any ideas conversion/adaptation?
Solution to this would be very much appreciated.
Richard Smith
Reply to
Richard Smith
Loading thread data ...
Hi Richard,
Not suggest modify the regulator, simply find a machine shop to tailor made an adaptor to connect the regulator inlet CGA-580 to the cylinder outlet BS-3, we often do it in Hong Kong, cost about 7 - 8 US dollor, please find below the technical drawing for your reference.
formatting link
formatting link

C. K.
"Richard Smith" ???????:bwXRb.466$
formatting link
Reply to
Can you not remove the cga fitting? Most regulator gas fittings can be replaced. The fiiting is just screwed into the side of the regulator body.
formatting link
that ours are "BS3" (and there are toher different standards acround the
Reply to
Lance Howell

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.