Brazing or welding cast iron

what you could try is a torch and an old piston ring for your filler metal Be sure to grind the crack to absolute first

Reply to
pop

what you could try is a torch and an old piston ring for your filler metal Be sure to grind the crack to absolute first

I heard of this, but I have never tried it. Don't you have to bake the oil out of the rings first?

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.

I have a cast iron safety shield from an old bench grinder - it is possible that it matches what you are trying to fix - if you were to send a photo to me (you have my address or can get it from wbnoble.com), we can see if what I have is what you need - it's old at least

Reply to
Bill Noble