Miller 300CP TS

I just bought on of these used. I need a manual and can't download one from Miller cuz the SN on the front plate is not a Miller #. The machine is a
rebadged unit from a dealer, Machinery & Welders in Milwaukee. Can someone tell me where to find a SN on the frame or elsewhere on the machine? Anyone have one of these or an opinion or information on it? BTW it has a Lincoln LN4 wire feeder on it
I also got a Miller &^%$ (cant remember the model name) 451 in the deal. I haven't picked that one up yet.
Tom

from
Anyone
Memerory restored, It'a a Miller Deltaweld 451with a Miller digital wirefeeder. Any info or opinions. It may not be working, it was awfully cheap. Tom

Tom, is it 300CP or 300SP?
Anyway, you do not need a serial number to download manuals from Miller.
I went to the Miller website and they asked for a SN. When I tried the download I was informed that the SN was no valid. Should I try again w/o the SN? Tom

Yep, just ignore the SN field. Leave it blank.
Sometimes a somewhat different manual would be given for different serial numbers, but without a SN, you can at least get a manual that is either exactly right or very close.

It's a CP300TS. I tried again and got it. Thanks Ig. Now if it works I'll be burning up some wire to get back in practice. If it doesn't I'll be looking for a service manual. Tom

Your manual likely contains schematic and troubleshooting sections.
Yeah it does. The troubleshooting section goes like,"If the fan doesn't work, check the fuse. If the welding is erratic, check the fuse. etc. etc. etc. Not too deep but the schematic will be useful. Tom

Miller.
I'll be

looking

By looking at the diagram on page 3, it is a very simple welder and not much should go wrong with it, and it should be straightforward to diagnose.

etc.
I agree. I don't I'll have much, if any trouble with it. The dealer said the fab shop he bought from was using it right up the time the dealer unplugged it and took it away. The Deltaweld 451 is another story. The dealer had not run it, seen it running and had no knowledge of its condition. To me that means it's busted. It only cost $70. I'm hoping the wire feeder is good. That alone will be worth the money. If both welders work I'll keep one and sell the other one. Interested in a heavy duty mig welder? I know your a hopeless collector. Tom

I hate you, you suck. <BG>
If it does not work, I can buy it from you for $70.

Most definitely. You know me, I know you. Maybe we can do some bartering too, you are not too far.

Thank you, Ig. From a bargain hunter such as yourself that is a supreme compliment.

If it does, the price will be higher.

That certainly is a possibility. I'll keep you posted. It will be a while before I can get on it. Busy weeks coming up. I'll be in Oshkosh for the EAA fly-in in a week and then a fireworks convention in Iowa. I'll be back to work at the shop around the middle of Aug. Tom

Of course.

I am not in any sort of hurry. Plenty of things to do ATM.
Igor

This outfit called manualsonline.com keeps sending me stuff. You might try them, but then you get e mails forever. I believe I have blocked them more than once.
Steve