Cast iron welding, part deux

After my relatively successful repair of a grinder guard, thanks to great ideas I got here, I am now sorting through various kinds of cast iron stick welding rod that I got at someplace some time ago (this is a big pile, includes other exotics like inconel, stainless, tool steel etc). I want to pare down what I have to a manageable quantity and to not have confusion due to synonymous equivalent materials.

I want to confirm whether this is true: that there is really only two types of stick electrodes for welding cast iron: 55% nickel/iron and

95-99% nickel. The former is "nonmachinable", "Nomacast", "for thick bodies" and other synonyms. The latter is "machinable", "for thin parts" etc.

Is that right? There is no other variety of cast iron welding rod?

Ignoramus30026

Google "eutectic" for other options.

Cheers,

Bruce (bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)