CO2 tank value

What's a CO2 tank and regulator worth? Picked it up at a yard sale yesterday for $5. It is out of hydro, but my supplier will take it and exchange it, no hydro charge.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

At least $70 if you want to sell easily.

I need more acetylene and oxygen tanks. Resold a lot of "great purchases" a year ago, then moved into my warehouse and now we do a lot of oxygen cutting.

Ignoramus18788

In Seattle is is hard to get rid of CO2 tanks since they aren't used in industrial welding much anymore.

Is it a smaller aluminum tank for beverage dispensers?

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

It does not have the plastic protective collar, like a lot of dispenser tanks I have seen, just rounded shoulders, like the aluminum scuba bottles.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

A good friend gave me an aluminum bottle , probably originally used for carbonation of soft drinks . It was out of test . My local gas suplier took it with no additional charge for a steel tank full of CO2 . Same supplier also took an out of test O2 tank in and filled it for me , but since I specified I wanted my tank back he did charge for hydro . I willingly paid it .

Reply to
Snag

I have such a supplier. While at the yard sale, I asked the guy, "You know, it costs to have these tested, dontcha?" Note, I did not say that I could get it done for free. I do not understand these stickler suppliers who insist on sticking to the letter of THEIR laws. My favorite just swaps bottles, no hydro, no questions. I would imagine that I inject some fresh bottles into their string of supply.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B