I am totally confused about welding connectors. I see them referred to as DINSE, DIN (25, 35, ...), international, as well as other things. Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains these things? Don

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Hi Don,

Welding connectors need not be confusing... Dinse is a german company (I BELIVE German) that makes connectors... and Din is referred to type of fitting as seen here...

formatting link
Your best bet to go get a welding connector is to just go to the store and get a connector that you like that is rated to the amperage you plan on welding with Always know that the female end goes to the energised end...this will prevent and accidental grounding hope that was of some help...Jim

Reply to
Jim & Lil

Most older and larger American machines use Tweco connectors. A Tweco #3 is pretty standard connector across the welding industry. In recent years Inverter based power supplies and small transformer based TIGs have been shipping with Dinse connectors. These are a European standard and are what the US welding industry is migrating towards.

You can get adapters that go both ways so you can use existing cables with new machines.

Many of the Inverter based and transformer based TIG machines use a Dinse connector that doubles as the gas feed for the TIG torch. This simplifies connections for the torch, but makes it complicated to run DCEP on aluminum with a DC only TIG. These power/gas connectors also require a special adapter to allow the use of a water cooled torch, since water cooled torches have a separate hose for the gas feed.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks guys, I think I understand now. What really had me confused was not knowing that Dinse is a brand and not a style of connector. I think I ordered the right conversion kit from Arc-Zone to convert my Miller Synchrowave and torches to be the same as on a Thermal Arc 250 GTSW.

Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.