Dinse welding connector problem

I have some Dinse style welding connectors. Basically they are a brass piece that goes inside a rubber outer shell. I bought them cheap from an ebay dropshipper (a bad story in itself) and they spent a while in my garage. Now I am trying them to work and have a problem. The brass piece just would not go all the way inside the rubber shell, no matter how hard I push.

I suspect that at least part of the issue is that it is cold in my garage, and that if I warm up the rubber with a heat gun, it should become easier. Am I right? Am I missing some zen of dinse connectors?

I am aware that there are grooves that need to match the pattern on the brass piece, and I align that properly, I think.

Ignoramus18798

Liquid soap will do the job.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

They are a bloody good fit. Warming can help, as can a tyre lubricant.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand