Readywelder and Lincoln SW175: Possible?

Hi, I've got a Lincoln Squarewave 175 tig welder and would really like to add a spoolgun to it for running aluminum. The Readywelder 10250 seems like a relative bargain, but would it work with the Lincoln? What are the drawbacks?

Thanks,

--Max

Reply to
Max Krippler

I have the same setup. Only problem I had was finding the right DINS connector for hooking up the ReadyWelder to the Lincoln. Dealer kept ordering the wrong part or had an outdated parts book. Wound up using a spare stick electrode wire I found at a local swap meet.

Now I just need to find or build a wire winder to transfer my bulk wire to the 2 pound spools for the gun. Other than that I'm pleased with the setup.

Regards

Jim Vrzal Holiday,FL.

Max Krippler wrote:

Reply to
Mawdeeb

No drawback as far as I know. You will need a DINSE conector to connect to the machine.

I find it odd that so many welding power sources come with DINSE connectors but very few welding suppliers carry spare connectors.

Lots of TWECO connectors on the shelf, but no DINSE connectors. Just kind of odd.

Remember that when using a Readywelder, the welding powersource thinks you are stick welding so when the machine is on, the gun tip is electrically hot.

I added a contactor control switch to my Readywelder 10250 so it can turn the power source on and off. It is a tiny microswitch set so the trigger bar inside trips it. It was a bit of a tricky hack, but it does work. I wish Readywelder would add one to the gun by default. It makes it act just like a normal spoolgun.

Great guns. I have had mine for a while, and have run it off of every possible power source.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler