Heard from Mike Graham

Mike emailed me to let me know that he is alive.

He has gotten pretty frustrated with his job, and just doesn't feel like doing metal for a hobby right now, or discussing it online.

He has taken up photography to get his mind somewhere else.

And YES he was driven out of the newsgroups by Jaime's intrusions.

He emailed me a copy of the FAQ website. I will see about hosting it on my website.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks Ernie. It's kind of strange that I only know him from reading posts here but I feel of him a lost friend. I'm glad he is ok although I suspected if the Miss didn't do anything irrational he was strong enough to overcome the storm. I am wondering if you could be so kind to request from him the entire site info he had... about distortion saved from Randy Z. and projects stuff etc. I only recently made the right angle jigs he had directions for and found them enormously useful. I had come to expect the site to always be there so only visited from time to time but never saved anything.

Thank you,

Zorro

Reply to
Zorro

I haven't looked at what he sent me yet, but I think it was just the FAQ site.

I will check into it.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Mike got me going on a website I put up. It is long gone but if anyone wants any of the text or pics on distortion I am still collecting. My daughter promised to help me sometime to put up another site on distortion control but I am too busy right now. TWI has some god resources. Randy

feel of him a lost friend. I'm glad he

was strong enough to overcome the

info he had... about distortion

angle jigs he had directions for

be there so only visited from time

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Thanks Ernie. I didn't really think about what I was asking but now realize stuff from his webpage may not be the kind of files that one could just post to metalworking.com.

Reply to
Zorro

Thanks Randy,

Since I'm only a home weldor, I went to you guys sites and looked "carefully" only when I had problems with a project. Welded it up and quickly forgot what I "learned". Two things I do remember and want to thank you guys for are the "strong back" and the right angle jig. Both very helpful and simple solutions for distortion control. Somewhere along the line, I picked up that a strongback can be just a second piece of what you are welding clamped back to back. (like on a fence project)

Reply to
Zorro

Ernie:

Tell Mike I have lots of good quality professional camera stuff for sale and I don't live far from him.

Reply to
Jimbo

Along with many here, I certainly miss Mike's contributions.

I wish him well and harbour hope that he will return here one day.

David Todtman

Reply to
David Todtman

Ernie, please forgive my ignorance, but who might "Jaime" be? I miss Mike's informative and helpful posts very much! r/ Steve

Reply to
SPR

For those new to the group. Miss Jaime, was Mike Graham's girlfriend for a while. They were on again, off again for a while, and when Mike finally broke it off she took to cyberstalking him. Every newsgroup he would post to, she would post to. Eventually this chased him off usenet. It was just too embarrassing , since she kept wanting to discuss very intimate details of their relationship with pefect strangers.

I liken it to a disgruntled ex-girlfriend barging into your favorite pub while you are chatting with your buddies. She starts screaming personal details to the crowd.

Your friends suddenly get real interested in the floor and ceiling tiles, just hoping she will leave. When she didn't, things got uglier. On RCM there were some very nasty things said to her.

Mike never gave her the satisfaction of retaliating himself, or ever speaking an ill word about her.

Hopefully he will eventually feel he can come back without her showing up to harrass him.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

If you would like I can host the sight. I could also setup its own domain name and cover all the fees. If I set up its own domain others could email there information and I could add to it. snipped-for-privacy@makowicki.com

Reply to
Wayne

Ernie,

Let Mike know that he is missed. He always had good information for beginners and assisted others when he could provide the info. I have been on the Usenet for many moons and have 'known' Mike from here and other groups. I doubt that he knows me as I don't post much. Tell him chin up on the job, we all can relate and good luck on the new hobby. Hope to run across him again on the net.

Scott Young

Reply to
Young

Ernie, like many in this newsgroup, I have it as my number one group to read and enjoy. Most all the information is useful and comes from some of the best individual anywhere. Along with your continuous input, and directions I personally enjoyed reading Mike's contributions too. I did wondered what was going on. Thanks for the update and please pass on our appreciation to Mike for his many inputs to the group and that we hope the best for him. He is missed!

Eric D

Reply to
Eric D

It's probably safe - IIRC, her last post was "I'm sorry and I'm gone"

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Unfortunately she is insane and can't be trusted.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Tell the whole story, Ernie. From what I saw, it wasn't harassment by Miss Jamie that drove Mike away. She only posted a few times, and not all of those posts were hateful or more than mildly embarrassing. It was the incessant razzing he got from some of the regulars of the groups about it that wouldn't stop.

They showed absolutely no mercy, and kept at it without let up. Even when it appeared things had died down, one of them would start it again. It was embarrassing to watch. It must have been unbearable to endure. Finally, Mike posted one last time, pleading to let the matter drop, but those harassing him wouldn't stop, so Mike left.

It was some of the most shameful behavior I've witnessed on these newsgroups.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Gotta agree with Gary here, it was way beyond bad on rec.crafts.metalworking. Sure miss Mike.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Snell

I wasn't aware of all the razzing, or how long it persisted, because I kill-filed those threads early on out of respect for Mike. Jaime instigated the whole event though. Especially when she promised to post embarassing photos of Mike. Several of the RCM regulars just couldn't leave that alone.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie:

Tell Mike to come back and the rest of us can do our best to very quickly squeeze out any SOB's that try to bring the "unspeakable subject" up again.

Come on back Mike

Reply to
Jimbo

Total agreement here. Mike was a great asset to this group! Ernie, ask him to join again under a pseudonym if he wishes. I always read Mike's posts.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton