Band saw welders

Any recommendations for an economical home shop band saw blade welder?

Rich Brenz

Reply to
rich brenz

Ummm...there's a difference between "inexpensive" and "economical" but, since you've said "economical", I guess I can answer that I use:

Torch: TurboTorch (You didn't say "inexpensive".)

Fuel: Propane (You said "economical".)

Filler: AWS BAg-34 Silver Solder

Flux: Black Silver Brazing Flux

Jig: Homemade device to hold the ends in position.

Reply to
Speechless

Ive heard good things about this one.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

yep,

Kryptoknight

That is a good company - I've gotten what I ordered without a problem. Why 12V version - I can only guess it is intended for the portable Tree sawing bandsaws. Their bands are expensive enough without just breaking one on a snag.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn