Cutting with a arc welder?

Sounds very interesting. I will buy small quantity of 6010 and experiment.

Ignoramus18555

For what its worth..I have a air nozzle with a 18" chunk of copper tubing on the end of it..and Ive cut plate with it by simply running rod really hot and applying a jet of air with the other hand to the puddle, but you have to start at the edge. Trying to plunge only splatters molten metal eveyrwhere.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

1/8" 6010 running on DCEN at the highest amperage possible on your machine. Dunk the rod in water before striking the arc. The water helps to keep the rod from incinerating instantly.

At school I do this at around 450 amps. Start on an edge and use a sawing motion.

You can slice through 1" plate this way.

To carbon arc gouge with your stick welder, just get some carbon electrodes. Hold an electrode in the stinger with about 2" exposed. As you tap the metal with the electrode blast an air nozzle between the electrode and the metal.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

sounds quite simple and nice... will add to my list of things to try one day...

Ignoramus26315