Dodged a bullet yesterday...

I was working downtown on 8th Avenue yesterday, and decided to take a lunch and go to the weld shop to pick up some tip drills for my torch. I could go to Volunteer Welding on 5th, or BOC on 12th. Both were the same distance away. I chose BOC on 12th.

It's a good thing I chose BOC, because when I was getting out of my truck, I hear (and feel) the big boom. I thought it was the railroad on a close by rail yard making a connection with a little bit too much speed. After I made my purchase, I drove to get lunch & noticed emergency vehicles traveling in seemingly every direction. As I neared 5th Avenue, I looked up & saw the Nashville Fire Department Trying to put out a fire at Volunteer Welding. I found out later that a propane tank let go & shrapnel flew everywhere. They blocked off several surrounding blocks for the next several hours.

The only reason I went to BOC is because I knew they had what I needed on a blister card near the counter.

John L. Weatherly

YIKES! Real good thing you went to BOC...

Tim

Tim Williams

I can see their PR team at work now:

"Buy your welding supplies from BOC, we won't blow you up" :-)

-- you can contact me via

Bruce Simpson