Etching Custom Letter Stamps?

I'd like to stamp some sayings into a gate I'm making, but I don't want to use the standard capital letter set.

I looked for a stamp set with more decorative font but came up empty so far.

If that fails, I was thinking I might take some 1/2" S7 and turn it down to say 3/16 at the point and etch it. But I think it might be tough to pull off since I have no idea what acid to use or how to do it!

Any help?

Ed

Reply to
Ed