exhaust pipeing

Hi i am in need of some exhaust pipeing (3 inch and 2.75 inch) for a costume downpipe for my car but i dont know where i would get the pipeing from so that is the Q where can i get the pipeing from.

i am located in portland maine usa

is there a good online source for the pipeing

THANX

Reply to
es

Don Young

sells exhaust pipe in 4' sections

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Reply to
RoyJ

What kind of costume are you putting on your car?

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

What kind of costume are you putting on your car?

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

Reply to
Robert Ball

"ConcreteArtist" wrote: What kind of costume are you putting on your car? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Drag, maybe?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

If costume means for show only, never gets hot, it may be easier and cheaper to get hold of some EMT (electrical tubing). EMT comes in nominal sizes, so 3" EMT will measure somewhat larger than 3" OD. I don't know if Lowe's or Home Depot will carry any that large, but if not, in Portland you could try Wesco on Marginal Way, CED Gilman, or Horizon out in the Riverside Industrial Park.

Ned Simmons (in Harpswell)

Reply to
Ned Simmons

"Ned Simmons" wrote: If costume means for show only, never gets hot, it may be easier and cheaper to get hold of some EMT (electrical tubing). (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ahem, Ned...I think he meant to say "custom."

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Ahh, I should have realized that Halloween has gone by. But EMT would still work, just wear your fume mask 'til the zinc burns off .

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

What exactly would you need? I make drag headers and have piles of tube around (Some even jet-coated) If I have it in stock I can help you out and/or bend and flange it. if you have a pattern. I'd rather see or help someone make a set rather than buy them- Way more pride in your ride. The muffler shops that do custom work in the yellow pages will have it too.

All the best,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

Hi Rob,

Can I ask a question ? I have a project to install a big turbo-diesel in an old landrover here in the UK. Can I fab an exhaust manifold, or is it cast iron for a reason. Making custom exhaust systems just doesn't seem to be done here, from what I can find, so there is no-one on this side of the pond who could answer the question !

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve, This can absolutely be done. Switching to tubular fabricated steels vs. a casting has never stopped us from making any change-overs. I have done several myself. The only thing I can possibly think might be an issue is if there is any form of integrated cooling or heat-transfer devices on the Rover that would need to be bypassed or added in. I have never seen a Cat or other diesel that presented problems except for water cooling on marine applications. It can be done, I assure you. The heat is another factor- keep the turbo(s) as well wrapped and out of the way of subcomponents so you don't melt stuff. We have to repaint a few cars a year that bubble through the hood/fender areas because there is simply no room left in the engine bays on 7 second cars. That's nature of the beast in racing but I think you should be afforded the luxury of some extra space under the hood on a off-road vehicle. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance at all. I can also provide you with several resources for parts and anything else in the mix. There are ways to save big money without cutting corners.

Respects,