Harbor Freight Auto Hood

Nope...this one:

if you look close at the photo..you will note two spots on either end and below the solar cell. Those are the sensors

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious. michael

Reply to
Gunner

these are in fact the same helmet, except one is black with flames decals. the HF pics are not that good so they may look different at 1st glance, but they are the same.

and

Kryptoknight

snipped-for-privacy@lightspeed.net wrote: | On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:48:38 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@eris.io.com (Brent Burton) | wrote: | | >I have the HF one (blue) and overall it's worked well. The only problem | >with it is what you mention, its lack of multiple sensors. ... | | Hummm ...my Blue one has two sensors. One on either side of the solar | panel. I had to go look

I'm mistaken, if you checked (I didn't). Guess I blocked 'em both.

Reply to
Brent Burton

Actually the one I bought from HF *is* a Western Safety. I painted mine and left the sticker off but IIRC it said Western Safety below the adjustment knob. I think I can just make it out in this picture:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

"Gunner" wrote: Nope...this one:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Gunner, I printed out the above listing and took it to the Vallejo HF store. They gave me the price, and I brought it home an tried it. I like it better than the older HF autodarkening helmet I have been using. For some reason I can see the puddle much more clearly with this helmet, even wearing my trifocals. As a result my welds are very much improved. I also like the way the headband adjusts, and the fore-and-aft adjustment which has already been mentioned.

So, thanks, Gunner and everyone who pushed this nice inexpensive blue helmet.

BTW There has been some discussion recently about HF's new policy on freight. The store matched the on-line price, and added nothing for shipping. I did pay sales tax, however.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman