Heat Treatin Stainless 321

my application is a automotive header for a turbo. thick flanges with relatively thin walled tube, all 321 SS.

can i cherry-red & air cool the whole thing to help reduce stresses obtained by welding? or is there a better way?

thanks

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Here is what I found so far. I am in the same boat but with worse material (304)

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to